This £750 bursary is awarded to commemorate the contribution to librarianship made by Alison Northover, Deputy Head of Reader Services in the Bodleian Library, Oxford, and committee member and Treasurer of the University, College and Research Group of what was then the Library Association. Alison died aged 48 in July 1997. She was committed to professional development, both for herself and for others.
The bursary is intended to support professional development for qualified library staff in current membership of ARLG by providing for funds to attend a course or conference that they would otherwise be unable to fund. While the award may contribute towards meeting fees, it will not necessarily cover travel expenses. The bursary is not intended to contribute to fees or living expenses associated with library school courses.
Candidates should preferably be in current employment in library/information work, and must be in current membership of ARLG and CILIP. Successful candidates will be expected to give a report suitable for publication in the Group's newsletter and for publication on the website.
Applicants are asked to submit the following:
- A covering letter of application
- A brief CV
- CILIP membership number and confirmation of membership of ARLG
- Details of how the bursary will be spent *
- Two supporting references (in signed and sealed envelopes)
- A rationale (no longer than 500 words) of how the bursary will support their personal and professional development in academic library and information work.
- Any additional supporting documentation
* If exact sums are not known on application, an estimate may be given.
This award is currently closed