Clinical Librarian Victoria Treadway with Dr Girendra Sadera and medical colleagues at Wirral University Teaching Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. Image copyright Wirral University Teaching Hospital.
Every day across the healthcare sector in England more than a million decisions are made that have a profound and lasting impact on people's lives and which influence the quality of healthcare and the cost of services.
CILIP and Health Education England (HEE) are campaigning for decisions in the healthcare sector to be fully evidence-based, calling on government and health service providers to employ and make use of the skills of librarians and knowledge specialists in meeting their obligations under The Health and Social Care Act 2012.
Take a look at our impact
Librarians and knowledge services have a real impact on the cost and quality of healthcare services, working with clinicians, allied health professionals, service managers and those procuring or commissioning healthcare services.
Pledge your support
If you have 1 minute:
- Share this message: Health librarians & info services bring the evidence for #amilliondecisions in #healthcare #nhs www.cilip.org.uk/amilliondecisions
- Sign up to receive campaign news
If you have 5 minutes:
- Download a campaign postcard and this infographic
- Download the campaign autosignature and link to this page
- Formally submit a library and knowledge impact case study via Knowledge for Healthcare
Local advocacy materials
Tweet your impact stories
Every day health librarians and knowledge specialists add real value across the NHS and healthcare sector. Tweet your impact stories #amilliondecisions
Meeting the Act
Over the course of the campaign we will be engaging with key audiences with responsibility for delivering and shaping healthcare services to show how library and knowledge specialists can help teams at all levels across healthcare to meet their obligations under the Health and Social Care Act.
If you work in healthcare and would like to know more about library and knowledge services in your area or about meeting your obligations under the Act, please contact the Health Education England (HEE) Library and Knowledge Services lead for your area.
CILIP: a home for health library and information professionals
If you are a librarian or knowledge specialist working in healthcare, join CILIP for a range of benefits tailored to your needs, including:
- The opportunity to join CILIP's Health Libraries Group, a UK-based network covering all health and social sectors and geographical areas in the UK
- Access to the PKSB for Health
- Special member rates on CILIP Conference and the Health Libraries Group Conference and events, publications and much more
- Professional registration and CPD
Campaign logo and more information
To request the campaign logo, graphics or more information about the campaign, contact Cat Cooper