A summary of the 15 January 2014 Council meeting
What was discussed?
- How a new Continuous Professional Development (CPD) Forum can provide support to all members
- A report about finance and membership up to 30 November 2013
- Proposals for projects in 2014. Strategic projects include mapping the workforce, creating a 2015-20 strategic plan and working with CILIP in Scotland to look at the implications of the Scottish Independence Referendum. Operational projects include communications, membership and staff development
- An update on advocacy activities since Council’s last meeting, an overview of advocacy in 2013 and plans for advocacy activities in 2014.
- Approved the creation of a CPD Forum
- Noted the finance and membership report
- Approved the proposals for projects in 2014
- Noted the advocacy report and provided input on plans for 2014 activities
Agenda and papers
The following papers are provided to Councillors for the purposes of stimulating discussion and debate and do not necessarily reflect current or future CILIP policy. For more information on the decisions made at Council meetings we recommend you read these papers alongside the minutes which will be published shortly after the meeting. If you have any questions or queries about the contents of these documents or Council meetings generally contact firstname.lastname@example.org.