Have you got a news story for Information Professional, or do you have an idea for a feature? Find out how contribute to the magazine, who to contact, plus copy dates for 2015.
Contributing to Information Professional
Information Professional welcomes contributions to the magazine. Please contact us at email@example.com
- News: get in touch with Senior Reporters Rob Green firstname.lastname@example.org or Rob Mackinlay email@example.com (job share).
- Features: Got an idea for a feature? Please get in touch with Managing Editor Rachel Middleton firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss. As a rough guideline, and depending on how many pictures are included, a one page feature is 700 words, 2 page is 1,200 words and 3 is 1,800 words. Bear in mind that feature material is normally scheduled several months in advance.
- Mailbox: Information Professional welcomes your letters - please send to email@example.com including your name and address. The extent is usually up to 300 words. A £25 National Book Token gift card is offered for the 'Letter of the Month'. Information Professional reserves the right to edit and to decide which letters to publish.
- Photos: We welcome high quality images to accompany your material. Please submit them as separate image files (e.g. jpgs), and at a high resolution (300dpi). If you have several large image files to submit, please consider using Dropbox or a big file website e.g. Wetransfer.com. Please ensure that you have permission from the rightsholders for Informaiton Professional to reproduce the photos.
- People news: send your career news along with a photo of yourself (see above).
- Obituaries: The word limit is 500 words, and clear, high resolution photos to accompany the notice are very welcome. We can also scan in (and safely return to you) hard copy photos, please send to Information Professional, 7 Ridgmount Street, London WC1E 7AE.
- Book reviews: Publishers and those interested in reviewing for Information Professional should contact Honorary Reviews Editor Diana Dixon firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that Information Professional does not accept unsolicited reviews.
Copy dates for 2017
- February 2017, published 25 January. Features by 13 December and News by 6 January
- March, published 1 March. Features by 23 January and News by 8 February
- April, published 5 April. Features by 27 Feb and News by 15 March
- May, published 10 May. Features by 3 April and News by 19 April
- June, published 14 June. Features by 8 May and News by 24 May
- July/Aug, published 19 July. Features by 12 June and News by 28 June
- September, published 30 August. Features by 24 July and News by 9 August
- October published 4 October. Features by 28 August and News by 13 September
- November, published 8 November. Features by 2 October and News by 18 October
- Dec/Jan 17, published 13 December. Features by 6 November and News by 22 November