Together with Talis we are proud to offer an award for achievement in the field of information literacy. The award is open to practitioners, researchers and academics working in the information literacy field within the UK. Nominations from all sectors are welcome. The winner will receive £500 for personal use and £500 for their nominated charity.
Nominees must demonstrate impact, innovation, initiative and originality in one or more of the following areas:
- Raising the profile of information literacy within an organisation
- Initiating or contributing to national, regional or local projects / initiatives which enhance information literacy skills for an identified client group(s)
- Undertaking original research in the field of information literacy and making a significant contribution to the literature.
Nominations will be judged upon evidence of impact within the past 3 years only.
Format for nominations
Individuals may self-nominate or be nominated by colleagues. Nominations should take the form of a short description of the nominee’s contribution(s) in one or more of the areas above (3 x A4 pages maximum). The following should also be provided:
- Contact details of the nominator
- Contact details of the nominee
- Supporting documentation, URLs etc.
Further information and contact
Nominees will be listed on the LILAC website and in CILIP Update. Enquiries and nominations to:
Nigel Morgan (LILAC Awards Officer)