Entry has now closed for the 2017 Marketing Excellence Awards.
The committee are currently judging the entries and we will announce the winners in July.
About the Awards
It is vital that we promote the services that libraries can offer and the real difference that they can make to their communities.
If you or your library team ran a campaign in 2016 to market all or part of your service, now is your time to shout about it! Submit your entry to CILIP’s annual Marketing Excellence Awards and be rewarded for your hard work.
The Awards are open to any library of any size in any sector across the UK. You will be judged on your campaign’s impact, effectiveness and creativity, not your budget. From stock promotions to storytelling projects, new online services to the launch of major new library buildings, the Marketing Excellence Awards exist to celebrate achievement at any scale.
The Marketing Excellence Awards celebrate successful library marketing and promotional campaigns across the country. They offer national exposure for your project and communicate the value of what you're doing among funders, partners, media, peers, managers and customers.
You've done the hard work, delivering your project. Now win some extra recognition!
Entries are judged by the Publicity and Public Relations Group Committee, one of CILIP’s Special Interest Groups. Additional judges with relevant expertise will be invited to join us, to provide external validation.
Judging will be against a number of criteria:
- Success in meeting the original aims and objectives of the campaign
- Suitability of concept to target market
- Quality of graphics, design and copywriting (where appropriate)
- Range, effectiveness and appropriateness of the marketing communications used
- Timing, message and consistency of marketing communications
- Evaluation of the campaign, demonstrating evidence of impact on the community or target audience (e.g. customer interaction, feedback, attendance, media coverage)
- Effective use of project budget and non-financial resources
The originality of the concept will also be taken into account for the overall rating.
- Any library service of any size in any sector within the UK is eligible to enter a project to the Marketing Excellence Awards.
- You may submit multiple entries.
- Entrants do not need to be Publicity and Public Relations group members.
- Entries must cover activity that broadly took place during 2016, and evaluation should have been completed before end of May 2017.
Awards will be presented at the Publicity and Public Relations Group annual conference in November 2017, and winners will be invited to present their campaigns.
Previous winners can be found here: Award Winners and Previous Events.
How to enter
Submissions should be no more than six sides of A4, demonstrating how you meet the judging criteria in the most appropriate way for your campaign. Illustrative examples of artwork, social media posts etc can be provided in a separate file as an appendix (no page limit).