This event has already taken place. View upcoming events
A chance to get together with other CILIP Mentors.
Please note: this event coincides with our Professional Registration event.
12.30 A tour of the Exeter Forum Library and an opportunity to network informally with both mentors and prospective professional registration candidates.
13.30 What the Assessors are looking for: Pam Martindale, MCLIP, Professional Registration & Accreditation Board Member and CILIP Mentor. An in-depth look at the criteria, what is expected in terms of reflection, and some of the evidence that might be used.
14.30 Mentor discussion: This is an opportunity for CILIP mentors to discuss issues, problems and potential solutions arising from mentoring CILIP Certification and Chartership candidates.
Attendees will have the opportunity to raise issues for discussions, this could include issues such as:
- Outline of new regulations for Professional Registration
- Sharing hints and tips/evaluating own performance and that of service
- What are wider professional issues/what should be in the portfolio?
- E-submissions/moving from ACLIP to Chartership
- An update of mentoring issues/mentoring long distance/reasons for failure of submission